AJ Charlton’s and Sons Timberstore
2019 Christmas Tree COMPETITION/PRIZE DRAW
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The closing date for competition entries is midnight on 6th December 2019. All entries submitted after this date will not be included in the competition; however competition entrant’s details may still be used for AJ Charlton and Son’s marketing purposes.
- AJ Charlton and Son’s reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside AJ Charlton and Son’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions and posted at AJ Charlton and Son’s, Buckland Down site, and will be entitled “the Competition Notice”. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting AJ Charlton and Son’s.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- To qualify to enter the Competition you must live within 25 miles of AJ Charlton and Son’s, Buckland Down, BA11 2RH. To “Enter” the competition, you must ‘like’ and ‘share’ the Charlton’s Timberstore Facebook post promoting their 2019 Christmas Trees, on your personal or company Facebook page.
- Employees of AJ Charlton and Son’s, or any associated company of AJ Charlton and Son’s and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- . By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. AJ Charlton and Son’s reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants
- AJ Charlton and Son’s assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
- AJ Charlton and Son’s reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, AJ Charlton and Son’s in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- 9. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and AJ Charlton and Son’s discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, AJ Charlton and Son’s reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- 10. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- Only Facebook entries will be accepted. Person’s without a Facebook account may use a third party or request assistance from AJ Charlton and Son’s employees to enter the competition. .
- 12. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition. There is no charge to register with AJ Charlton and Son’s.
- 13. Postal entries will be accepted. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. AJ Charlton and Son’s cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- All entries deemed as part or fully ‘unreadable’ by the competition judges will be disqualified.
- 15. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, AJ Charlton and Son’s does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- 16. The Prize winner will be picked at random by the competition judges. In the event no person enters the competition, the prize will be donated to a local charity. Unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- 17. The prize winner will be notified by Monday 9th Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the AJ Charlton and Son’s publication in which the competition appeared and on the AJ Charlton and Son’s website and AJ Charlton and Son’s Facebook and twitter pages.
- 18. Claims for the prize must be made by Wednesday 11th Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- 19. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. AJ Charlton and Son’s reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- 20. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of AJ Charlton and Son’s and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- 21. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. AJ Charlton and Son’s reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- 22. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- 23. AJ Charlton and Son’s does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although AJ Charlton and Son’s will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
- 24. In consideration of AJ Charlton and Son’s agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that AJ Charlton and Son’s (and third parties authorised by AJ Charlton and Son’s) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant AJ Charlton and Son’s (and third parties authorised by AJ Charlton and Son’s) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
- 25. AJ Charlton and Son’s does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. AJ Charlton and Son’s may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- 26. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, AJ Charlton and Son’s reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- 27. AJ Charlton and Son’s cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. AJ Charlton and Son’s is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude AJ Charlton and Son’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- 28. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and AJ Charlton and Son’s reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- 29. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by AJ Charlton and Son’s for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist AJ Charlton and Son’s to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- 30. By providing AJ Charlton and Son’s with your personal data you consent to AJ Charlton and Son’s using your personal data to make contact with you in regards to AJ Charlton and Son’s (and third parties authorised by AJ Charlton and Son’s) promotions, offers, new products, ongoing products and advertising material.
- 31. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.
- The above competition prize draw terms and conditions points 1 to 31 only relates to the competition to be held by AJ Charlton and Son’s for the period 25th November 2019 to 12th December 2019.